To help deliver support to families, Yeovil4Family are recruiting mentors to work alongside Link Workers. Do you want to help your community? Do you have some spare time to try something new? Then this might be the opportunity for you.
What does it involve?
As a mentor you’ll receive training that will help you help families. In your role you will:
- Provide one-to-one non-judgmental listening support in a home
- Help a family to access relevant support to make positive changes
- Assist families in overcoming challenges
- Bring hope to a family in need
This role is very much about being there for families. We all need someone to support us, and as a mentor you could help to provide that.
What will you gain from it?
Being a Volunteer Mentor with Yeovil4Family is really rewarding. Mentors will:
- Receive bespoke training to fulfil their role.
- Learn new skills to boost their CV.
- Benefit from weekly support in the role from a Link Worker.
By becoming a Volunteer mentor, you commit approximately two hours each week to the role. This is divided between up to one hour with the family or individual you’ve been matched with and up to one hour with your Link Worker. Additionally, Yeovil4Family ask that any volunteers can commit to the programme for a minimum of six to 12 months.
Find out more
If this sounds like it might be the opportunity for you, email Deanne Mahony at Yeovil4Family or call 01935 530050.
Take a look at their information guide here, or take a look at their website.