But noise disturbance often happens because people simply forget others can hear them, often problems can simply be resolved by talking to neighbours.
Common noises that can be disturbing, annoying or wake people up are:
- Loud music
- Loud TV
- Voices – indoors or in the street
- Slamming doors, walking on hard flooring
- Noise from licensed premises
- Noisy pets – barking dogs
- Household appliances – washing machines, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, fridges/freezers
- DIY/Building work
…but not all of these noises would be classed by us as anti-social behaviour. We want our homes to be great places to live for everyone and we want to work with our communities to make this happen.
So talk to us about our Good Neighbour Agreement if you’re affected by noise in your community.
- Send us a message or use the live chat
- Email us at email@example.com
- Give us a call on 01935 404500.